I love what I do. I love San Diego. I love providing first-rate acupuncture in San Diego along with Chinese Herbal Medicine. Most of all, I love my patients. I am drawn to Chinese Medicine because of its 3000 year history and the fact that it treats the body as a whole- not just in parts. Equally effective for both men and women, men often get overlooked. Let’s change that today!
Some of the common ailments that effect men’s health include prostate issues, depression, high blood pressure, urinary issues and stress. Most of it goes underrated and, frankly, avoided. All of these respond well to herbs and acupuncture.
- Prostate health. Enlarged prostate and the cascade of issues it causes from ED to urinary frequency is one of the most common health concerns facing men. Herbs and acupuncture help to alleviate inflammation of the prostate allowing urine to flow easily.
2. Cardiovascular Disease. This is a leading health threat to men. A well-researched and proven way to treat it is through acupuncture which, in turn, reduces risk of cardiovascular disease. Acupuncture helps to trigger the body to realize natural opioids and all those “feel good” chemicals made naturally in the brain and endocrine system. You know that great feeling you get relaxing and one of our beautiful San Diego beaches like Coronado, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach or La Jolla? Or going on a run through Balboa Park or the Silver Strand or along the 101 through Encintas? Acupuncture can trigger those same feel-good neurotransmitters resulting in stress reduction.
3. Mental health and Depression. We are fortunate to have a wide variety of mental health professionals here in San Diego- especially in Banker’s Hill and Mission Valley. While there is a time and a place for talk therapy (I’m a HUGE advocate) acupuncture can be a wonderful first step or additional treatment to go along with therapy. If you feel that you might place yourself or anyone else in physical harm though seek out medical attention immediately.
4. Insomnia and Sleep Disorders. I treat lots of insomnia with herbs and acupuncture here in San Diego. Acupuncture is an ideal way to help the body to restore balance, relax and rejuvenate. Often, it even outperforms prescription and OTC sleep aids.
5. Pain. Men are less likely to seek treatment to deal with physical pain. We tend to just push through often to the detriment of our long-term health. Regular acupuncture helps to not only release natural pain killing opioids, but through dry needling, cupping, Estim, TENS unit, sports acupuncture and orthopedic acupuncture we can get to the root of the pain- not just mask it with ibuprofen, Tylenol, Advil and aspirin.
6. Fertility. Did you know that nearly 40% of fertility issues are related to the male? Multiple academic studies have shown that herbs and acupuncture help to improve sperm quality, health and strength. Often acupuncture in San Diego I treat both the man and the woman for infertility issues.
7. Digestive Issues. IBS, Crohns Disease, chronic constipation, diarrhea and pain are so common. Often this is caused by stress and poor diet or at least have those as factors. When stress is reduced acid reflux which causes heartburn is also. The gut and the brain are anatomically connected. Reducing mental stress reduces digestive problems. Gut motility is also improved with acupuncture and herbs helping constipation and diarrhea. Finally, inflammation is naturally reduced with acupuncture. Inflammation is at the root of IBS and Crohns.
These are the top things I treat men for in my acupuncture practice in San Diego.
Riley Smith LAc, DIpl.OM
Acupuncture in San Diego
Serving: Normal Heights, North Park, Mission Hills, University Heights, South Park, Banker’s Hill, Little Italy, Downtown San Diego, Golden Hill, Coronado, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, La Mesa, Mission Valley and all of San Diego County